Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure that has proven effective in improving the volume of the breasts and making them more attractive. It is an ideal option for women of all ages and backgrounds, who are looking for a more appealing breast contour. Natural aging process, pregnancy, breast feeding, and fluctuations in weight are the major factors that can cause changes in the breast size and shape. The procedure helps to enhance small breasts and bring symmetry to breasts that are different in size or proportion.
Different Breast Implants to Meet Your Desired Breast Size
Breast augmentation is done by surgically inserting breast implants. Breast implants can increase the volume of the breasts and help them regain a younger vibrant look. The two most commonly used breast implant options are:
• Saline implants: Saline implants have been used for many years. Many women have undergone breast augmentation using saline implants and achieved excellent results. These implants are inflated after they are inserted into the body and are filled with sterile saline water.
• Silicone gel implants: The new silicone gel implants or Memory Gel implants are softer than saline implants. These are a popular choice for patients with very little breast tissue and subcutaneous fat.
Implants can be placed either under the breast tissue or under the chest muscle. For more natural, softer breasts and to provide more coverage over the implant, the implants are placed underneath the muscle (submuscular) rather than underneath the breast tissue (subglandular).
During your initial consultation, your plastic surgeon will determine the best implant option, and the incision location that suits you most – after taking into consideration various factors.
Breast Augmentation: Procedure Benefits
• The procedure can be completed in 1-2 hours
• Performed in a fully accredited on site surgical suite
• Outpatient procedure
• Does not require lengthy hospital stay s
• Done under general anesthesia or local anesthesia with a sedative, also called conscious sedation
• Patients can resume normal activities within a couple of days
When considering breast augmentation for a more appealing breast contour, it is important to have a clear idea of your goals and expectations. Check out the different plastic surgery centers and practicing surgeons available before making a decision.